This article applies to the following role permissions: Administrator - Director - Group Manager
Students are prompted to identify the reason for their visit when scheduling an appointment, entering a virtual lobby, or checking into an on-campus meeting queue using the Kiosk. They choose from a list of Reason Codes in the ConexED system. The master reason codes are created by ConexED Administrators and Department Directors and can be added and customized to a group by group administrators.
There are three main steps to adding a Reason Code to a group so that it appears as an option to select where students connect with users:
- 1) Create Reason Code Categories (ConexED Admin)
- 2) Create Master Reason Codes (ConexED Admin or Department Director Role)
- 3) Add Reason Codes to Groups and Modify as needed (ConexED Admin, Department Director Role, or Group Manager Role)
This article will describe how Group Managers and above can add reason codes to a group and modify them as needed.
Navigate to the respective group. On the Group Settings, open the Reason Codes tab and select Add Reason Code as shown in Figure 1.
Adding a Reason Code to a Group via the Group Settings Reason Codes Tab
The Add Reason Code button opens a pop up window requiring three actions as illustrated by Figure 2:
1) Select the Category
2) Select the Reason Code
Add Reason Code by Selecting the Category and Code from the Drop-Down Menus
Clicking Add opens a customization form illustrated in Figure 3, below.
Users with the Group Manager role and above can edit the following fields:
- Duration - defines the length of time an appointment will be for the particular reason code
- End of Meeting Buffer - defines the length of time from the end of the scheduled duration to the next appointment so that appointments are not back to back (optional)
- Show for this role and above - Determine whether or not students can see/select this Reason Code or if it can only be seen/selected by users who schedule appointments for students.
- Show on Appointment Scheduler - Check this box if the Reason Code should appear on the Scheduler.
- Show in Lobby - Check this box if the Reason Code should appear on as an option in the Virtual Lobby.
- Show in Kiosk - Check this box if the Reason Code should appear when students are checking in via the Kiosk.
- Show in Cafe Meetings (Virtual Office Meetings) - Check if staff should be able to see this Reason Code in the Virtual Lobby and Virtual Meeting.
- This is a Mental Health Reason Code - Checking this puts a red outline around the Reason Code on reports and hides any meetings with this reason code from other groups/individuals.
- Reason Code color - Each reason code can be defined by a unique color (optional)
- Add this Reason Code to all currently defined office hours in this group - Check this to automatically add this Reason Code to all new groups’ Reason Codes. (Reason codes that are created after someone makes office hours are not automatically added to every employee. If this reason code should appear as an scheduling option for all those with office hours within the groups, then it would be important to check this box.)