This article applies to the following role permissions: ConexED Administrator - Director
Students are prompted to identify the reason for their visit when scheduling an appointment, entering a virtual lobby, or checking into an on-campus meeting queue using the Kiosk. They choose from a list of Reason Codes in the ConexED system. The master reason codes are created by ConexED Administrators and Department Directors and can be added and customized to a group by group administrators.
There are three main steps to adding a Reason Code to a group so that it appears as an option to select where students connect with users:
- 1) Create Reason Code Categories (ConexED Admin)
- 2) Create Master Reason Codes (ConexED Admin or Department Director Role)
- 3) Add Reason Codes to Groups and Modify as needed (ConexED Admin, Department Director Role, or Group Manager Role)
This article will describe how ConexED Admins and Department Directors can create and edit the master list of reason codes using the Scheduling Control Center.
Add or Edit Group Reason Codes - Scheduling System
Open the Scheduling Control Center and select the Reason Codes tab. Click Create Reason Code as shown in Figure 2 to open the Add Reason Code form.
Create new reason codes in the Schedule Control Center.
The Add Reason Code Form shown in Figure 3, has all fields for customization.
The Reason Code ID, Display Title, and Description (if necessary), must be completed here, as they are not editable at the group level. The others can be customized within the group as needed.
Fields for Customizing a Reason Code
- Reason Code Category: Select from the existing categories.
- Reason Code ID: Create an ID for the new Reason Code for reporting purposes.
- Display Title: Write the full title of the Reason Code that will display where students connect with staff.
- Description: Optionally, provide a description to accompany the title where displayed.
- Duration: Set the meeting length for this reason for a meeting.
- End of Meeting Buffer: Optionally, add a buffer to extend the meeting duration for the user. Using this prevents back-to-back appointments.
- Show for This Role and Above: Determine whether or not students can see/select this Reason Code or if it can only be seen/selected by users who schedule appointments for students.
- Show on Appointment Scheduler: Check this box if the Reason Code should appear on the Scheduler.
- Show in Lobby: Check this box if the Reason Code should appear on as an option in the Virtual Lobby.
- Show in Kiosk: Check this box if the Reason Code should appear when students are checking in via the Kiosk.
- Show in Cafe Meetings: Check if staff should be able to see this Reason Code in the Virtual Lobby and Virtual Meeting.
- This is a Mental Health Reason Code: Checking this puts a red outline around the Reason Code on reports and hides any meetings with this reason code from other groups/individuals.
- Default Add to New Groups: Check this to automatically add this Reason Code to all new groups’ Reason Codes.